Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinivil. Treatment Method Options for Nasal Polyps
Lightbulb 
[size=4][b]Sinuses Treatment - Treating Rhinitis and Sinusitis[/b][/size][hr]Antibiotics The primary treatment for acute sinusitis is antibiotics for eradicating infection. A prolonged course is often needed because the blood supply to bony areas such as the sinuses is limited. This course may vary but a typical treatment takes three weeks.

[size=large][b]Should You Consider Surgery?[/b][/size][hr]In patients who suffer from persistent sinus infections despite courses of appropriate antibiotics, a surgical drainage procedure may be needed. A sinus CAT scan documenting the presence of infection and maximal medical therapy should have been given before surgery. When possible, this surgery is increasingly performed through the endoscope. The technique is less traumatic than older sinus drainage procedures and is often performed in an outpatient setting.

[size=large][b]Treating Chronic Sinusitis[/b][/size][hr]Even after a sinus infection has been eradicated, many patients will continue to experience congestion, pain, and recurring bouts of sinus infection. In patients with chronic disease, particularly allergic ones, adding intranasal corticosteroid sprays may be extremely helpful in reducing inflammation. Beclomethasone, budesonide, fluticasone, flunisolide, and triamcinolone are available in the United States. Intranasal cromolyn sodium may also help these patients. An intranasal preparation of nedocromil sodium should be available soon. Sometimes, what we hear about Chronic Sinusitis can prove to be rather hilarious and illogical. This is why we have introduced this side of Chronic Sinusitis to you.

[size=large][b]Establishing Drainage[/b][/size][hr]In sinus disease it is crucial to establish good drainage, which is often achieved with decongestants such as pseudoephedrine. Antihistamines can also help, particularly in allergic patients, but may not be a good idea for many asthmatics owing to the risk of drying up the bronchial secretions. To avoid excessive dryness, decongestants are often combined with an expectorant such as guaifenesin. A saline nasal spray may help rinse out dried secretions and add moisture to dry membranes. It was at the spur of the moment that we ventured to write something about Chronic Sinusitis. Such is the amount of matter that is available on Chronic Sinusitis. Smile

[list][*]Sinus irrigation is the main component in my personal arsenal to battle sinusitis and sinus infections.[*]While struggling with numerous sinus infections a number of years ago, I ran across a book by Dr.[*]Murray Grossan entitled 'The Sinus Cure- 7 Simple Steps'.[*]This book explained the pulsating nasal irrigation system that I now use every day and have for a number of years.[*]The book is a great resource for people suffering from sinusitis.[/list]

When I first started following Dr. Grossan's advice he suggested using a WaterPik machine, and these have been sold for years as devices to improve gum and dental health. Dr.

[size=large][b]Shipping Charge to Pay[/b][/size][hr]Of course one could still purchase a WaterPik at a retail store and buy the Dr. Grossan's adaptor and saline solution to work with it. In fact I continue to do this in order to use the device on my teeth and gums since it works so well. Every year or so the WaterPik needs to be replaced. I suspect that the salt has a corrosive effect, although I rinse the machine with fresh water immediately after each use. The WaterPik company even sells a small travel model, and I use one of those when on the road. Developing a basis for this composition on Sinus Cure was a lengthy task. It took lots of patience and hard work to develop. Smile

Quote:Grossan's company simply sold an adaptor and a saline solution, although one can use normal table salt. Although much more expensive than table salt, I find that the saline solution is convenient, works well, and has no preservatives. I usually purchase a dozen containers at a time, and these will last up to a year with one application per day. One simply puts a spoonful of saline solution into the WaterPik tank and then about 16 oz. of warm water to dissolve the powder. The nasal adaptor is then put into one nostril and the machine will gently propel half the liquid through one's nasal canal, and it will drain out the other side. One then puts the adaptor in the other nostril and repeats the procedure on that side. This process is done while leaning over a sink. I then normally put more water into the tank and use the WaterPik on my teeth as it was originally intended, and I've helped my gum and dental health as well. My dental hygienist has made several comments about how much better my gums and teeth are when I go in for cleanings, so there is a definite side benefit to this procedure. The whole effort only takes about 5 minutes or so, including wiping everything dry. I normally do the irrigation once a day about an hour before bed, but if I happen to wake up with more than the usual congestion in the morning, I'll do it then as well.

[size=large][b]This is the Easiest Way to Start, as You Have Everything Needed[/b][/size][hr]If the system works well and you want to continue to do nasal irrigation on a daily basis, I would suggest choosing the pack of one dozen saline solution boxes, as the price is lower per box and there is only one

Original Throat Irrigator Tips', Breathe-ease' XL Nasal Moisturizer (this is the saline solution), and excerpts from "The Sinus Cure" by Dr. Grossan.

[list][*]Does your sinusitis actually cause your tinnitus?[*]The answer is that it probably depends on the type of tinnitus you have and what other symptoms you have.[*]Do the noises in your ears consist of glugging or popping noises?[*]Do you feel a fullness or feeling of pressure in your ears?[*]Does swallowing or blowing your nose affect the sounds?[*]If so the answer may be yes, indirectly.[/list]

Healthy people this thin mucous then drains from the middle ear into the throat via the Eustachian tubes. The Eustachian tubes are very narrow tubes that run from the middle ear to the throat to allow drainage and maintain even pressure in the ears In people with sinusitis, secondary infection or the excessive use of antibiotics, or antihistamines if an allergy is suspected, can lead to the mucous in the inner ear becoming too thick to drain out of the narrow Eustachian tubes. A build up of this mucous in the middle ear then occurs and noises in the ears can result. Suppressing our knowledge on Sinus Infection is not our intention here. In fact, we mean to let everyone know more about Sinus Infection after reading this!

Clue is that these noises are often changed or reduced by swallowing or blowing the nose since this can increase or equalize any negative pressure in the ear. Even the beginner will get to learn more about Sinusitis Tinnitus after reading this article. It is written in easy language so that everyone will be able to understand it.

[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/i...temic.jpeg]
[size=medium][b]Allergy At Wake Forest University - School of Medicine - Studyblue[/b][/size]

Although I have seen no research suggesting that sinusitis and tinnitus are directly linked, the accompanying drugs used to treat sinusitis i.e. antibiotics and antihistamines are thought to cause thickening of the mucous in the middle ear. . The middle ear has mucous membranes (mucosa), which produce a mucous necessary to cleanse it, although the middle ear itself is ideally an air filled space. This is a dependable source of information on Treat Sinusitis. All that has to be done to verify its authenticity is to read it!

Must be mentioned here that there are numerous other conditions that can cause Eustachian tube dysfunction including allergies and nasal infections, including the common cold. Otitis-media (middle ear infection), most commonly also an allergy, can also give similar symptoms. It is therefore important that you always consult your doctor to ascertain the exact cause and obtain the appropriate treatment. We have avoided adding flimsy points on Sinuses, as we find that the addition of such points have no effect on Sinuses.

Also it is, evidently, quite rare for anyone to have infected sinuses without associated rhino-sinusitis (inflammation or infection of the nasal openings to the sinuses) and since the ears, nose and throat are all connected it follows that what appears to be a purely a sinus infection may also affect the ears etc indirectly causing or contributing to tinnitus. We have included some fresh and interesting information on Sinuses. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Sinuses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sinivil. Treatment Method Options for Nasal Polyps - by delmarr - 08-22-201609:37 PM